What is Historical Significance?
-events, people or developments that brought about major change
*important to remember that what is historically significant to one person/group etc may not be historically significant to another
What are historically significant events in your life? List five.
How did you decide - what criteria/factors did you consider? (Idea of judgement based on criteria and this will change depending on who is considering the event.)
Draw a diagram showing the most significant events, people or developments in the world/Canada/Revelstoke (or a part of the world).
-it can be a kind of flow chart if you like
-use pictures, icons, words, colour
-arrange it so it makes sense to you
15 minutes and be ready to explain it after
• Global: Most everyone in the world should know about it
• National: Most everyone in the country where it occurred should know about it
• Regional: Most everyone in the region or who belongs to a specific group(s) should know about it
• Individual: Only the descendants and family of the people involved need know about it
• Not at all significant: No one needs to remember it
Look at two events and fill out sheet on these events.
Video example of Historical Significance:
Add to ideas sheet.
Rate Historical Significance.